What is Collagen?
Collagen is a key building block of the human body and is used in the formation and support of bones, hair, cartilage, ligaments, tendons and other key strength-giving components. Collagen contains many amino acids - these are the building-blocks of proteins, and have a central role in biochemistry and nutrition.
Collagen is, by far, the primary structural protein in the body, contributing as much as 30% of the body’s entire protein content. It is central to the structure of our skin, joints and blood vessels, since we cannot create these tissues without Collagen. One cannot consider the health of our skin, bones, blood vessels, joints or connective tissue without recognizing the dominant role that Collagen protein plays. It is for this reason that Collagen is added to so many beauty products, from moisturizers and anti-aging creams to shampoos and conditioners.
- Collagen is the main structural protein in the extracellular space in the various connective tissues in animal bodies. As the main component of connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein in mammals.
- The name collagen comes from the Greek κόλλα (kólla), meaning "glue", and suffix -γέν, -gen, denoting "producing.
Types of Collagen
There are at least 16 types of collagen, but upward of 80-90% of the collagen in the body consists of types I, II, and III.
Type I Collagen
Comprises 90% of skin, hair, nails, organs, bones, ligaments.
Type II Collagen
Applies to cartilage.
Type III Collagen
Applies to fibrous protein in bone, cartilage, dentin, tendon, and other connective tissues.
These three primary forms of collagen consist of 19 amino acids that are responsible for the growth and maintenance of the body, with the highest percentages typically coming from glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, which are found in the skin and muscle.
Fish Collagen Peptide amino-acid composition
Benefits of Athos Fish Collagen Peptide
- Fish Collagen Peptide promotes regeneration of joints, pain and stiff joints.
- It provides skin rejuvenation. It assists with the strength & elasticity of skin.
- It improves athletic performance & help in the prevention of soft tissue injuries.
- Support the bone matrix. (36% of bone is made up of collagen Type 1 and 3)
- It promotes hair grow and reduce hair loss.
- It minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
- It promotes quality sleep.
- It reduce inflammation.
- It increases the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness.
- It reduces popping knees.
- It supports back, jaw and joints.
- It reduces the consumption of pain relievers.
- It improves protein intake & body composition.
- It is helpful for post workout recovery & muscle building.
- Makes up of protein in cartilage.
We love hearing from our customers! Feel free to send a message and we'll get back to you soon!!